The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!
-Henry Ward Beecher
I am thankful for so many things:
…My Family ⤵
…My Husband ⤵
…My Friends ⤵
…My Students ⤵
…My Education ⤵
– Master of Education from University of Massachusetts, Boston, December 2009
– Bachelor of Arts in Latin and Ancient Greek from Boston University, May 1999
– LATIN TEACHER at Boston Latin Academy, Boston, Massachusetts, September 2003 to present
– YOUTH SERVICES SPECIALIST at East Boston APAC, ABCD, Inc., Boston, Massachusetts, Summers 1997-1999, Summers 2007-2008
– MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR at State Street Corporation, Inc., Boston, Massachusetts,1999-2003
…My Interests and Talents
Seeing the World
– In April 2014, Mr. Maguire, Mr. Ford, Mrs. Ford, Mr. Monestime, Mr. Matthieu, Mrs. Seddon, Young Mr. Seddon, my husband and I led the largest tour group ever (over 90 people total) through Paris and Rome… because we are cray cray.
– In August 2013, my husband and I traveled to Ireland.
– My senior year of college, I traveled to Britain, France, Spain, Italy, and Ireland — in ONE month.
– In 2012, I opened a little online shop where I sell children’s clothing that I sew on my trusty sewing machine.
– Between 2008 and 2011, I created artwork for various event invitations because I love draw and paint.
– I plan to return to school and complete an additional Master’s Degree in Educational Policy.
– In 2014, I ran my first (and hopefully not last) 5K.
– In 2013, I FINALLY (!) conquered my fear of water and learned how to swim thanks to BLA’s own Ms. Byrne.
– I love to paint and draw.
– I can speak, read, and write Spanish, read and write Latin, and read un petit peu de Francais. 🙂
– I love cooking healthy meals for myself and my husband and anyone else willing to eat dishes that contain red quinoa, spinach, or egg whites.